Last week, stores in the real and online world were mind-blowingly busy. Shoppers were vying for the best rock-bottom prices in that mother of all days in the retail calendar–Black Friday.
Sales are awesome. It’s a very smart thing to be shopping with a budget in mind.
But sometimes I feel like the pressure to buy Buy BUY makes me feel like what I already have isn’t good enough. It gives me #FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). So this year I just ignored Black Friday. And it felt really good.
Can you relate?
If you’re on a budget, sneaky marketing that lures you into gift shopping for yourself first just isn’t savvy, regardless of the deal.
If your closet is already overflowing, there’s no need for #FOMO. Everything you need for a great wardrobe is in there. You just have to rediscover it again.
For this post, I wanted to share some outfit inspiration that would give you the gift of fun and creativity. This time of year is already filled with so much hustle and bustle and pressure to get MORE. How about getting dressed for the day or a special party with joy and gratitude? Sound good?
For the DIY lovers out there, here are my first two fabulous ideas:
1) Sweater with DIY beadwork: I think this would look great with a jewel toned thrifted cashmere sweater, too! Pair with jeans to make it un-fussy, or with a nice pair of pants for a party at the office.
2) DIY Party Crinoline in black, red, or whatever festive colour your heart desires (advanced sewers or easy peasy): Pair this with the beaded sweater and pearls for an ultra feminine look, or with a motor-cycle jacket to add an edge to the girly tutu.
Here are a few more festive inspirations. Give yourself permission to use your imagination. See what outfit creations you can come up with from your own closet (and maybe a wee bit of accessory or craft supply shopping):
3) gingerbread neutrals with sprinkles
4) layers of snowy whites
5) tired of peppermint candy? try plum pudding
6) sparkling evergreens
7) festive stockings
8) joy in a jumpsuit
9) feathery french hens
10) classic black and white movies
11) cosy under a plaid blanket
12) early evening ombre skies
Wishing you a fun and creatively styled holiday!