Whirlpool has compensated me for my services and my posts, but as always all posts represent my own opinion & experiences.
Oh, Canada! There’s something so energizing whenever Canada Day is mentioned – and this year as we mark our 150th birthday that energy has most certainly increased tremendously! Even more so, I think, for those of us living in the Nation’s Capital Region. At every turn there is a large Ottawa/Canada 150 sign or banner, and they are multiplying daily!
Recently you may have even seen Canadian Cathy Jones showing off #CanadasHome, decked out with Maytag appliances! (If you missed it, click here to watch!)
I actually had the chance to visit Canada’s Home, learn some great tips for hosting the perfect Canada Day party, and have dinner with Ms. Jones herself!
Here are 6 tips for being the perfect host (hostess) this Canada Day long weekend:
- Tip 1: Have a backup plan
- No matter who you’re hosting this Canada Day weekend, there’s bound to be at least one opinionated guest. Always have a backup meal prepped (even a frozen pizza will do) in case you face last-minute hiccups.
- Tip 2: Choose dependable dishes
- A dinner party is not the time to take a stab at a new recipe. Stick to your tried and true dishes – like that delicious casserole you’ve made a thousand times – to avoid dinnertime disappointment and ensure you wow your guests like the dependable host you are.
- Tip 3: Be prepared for stains
- If it’s a fun party, there’s bound to be a spill or two! Don’t leave it until tomorrow so the stain can set in – throw that table cloth or guest’s shirt in the wash right away.. Crisis averted!
- Tip 4: Go for bite-sized appetizers
- Receive the popular vote from your party guests with bite-sized appetizers that aren’t awkward to eat while they stand with a cocktail in hand and mingle.
- Tip 5: Say no to fancy dishware
- The key to a successful party is to take credit for the work you didn’t do – like keeping your kitchen tidy. Use plates and glassware that are dishwasher safe so you can keep your counters clutter free and have your trusty Maytag dishwasher do the hard work for you while you entertain your guests.
- Tip 6: Delegate to Future House Leaders
- Celebrating Canada’s 150th is a great way to show just how much we all depend on this amazing country of ours. Train future leaders in your house by delegating tasks to loved ones of all ages. Whether it’s the dog on vacuum duty or having little ones ‘help’ with decorations – just because you’re the leader doesn’t mean you have to do it all.
While visiting Canada’s Home, I was able to see those tips in action and the evening was absolutely perfect! I always love getting together with other bloggers and when there’s food involved, everyone has a great time! While the house was definitely decked out with some beautiful decor, furniture and appliances, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the Maytag® Four Door Refrigerator! As most Canadian’s know, for generations, Maytag® has stood for durability, reliability and power. The brand wanted to showcase their commitment to dependability by launching Canada’s Home and we definitely got up close and personal with the appliances in the home.
Check out this video showcasing some of the features of the fridge, in addition to the PowerCold™ technology which chills the refrigerator compartments quickly – even if the whole family has been browsing with the door open! Then go message my husband and tell him how much I need it in our new kitchen!! 😉
When we purchased our first set of appliances years ago, I hesitantly chose all white as I have children and was not a fan of fingerprints on stainless steel. Imagine my delight when I found out that new Maytag kitchen appliances are made with fingerprint-resistant stainless steel which means they can handle anything you throw at them – including my kids sticky fingers!
As I get ready to host Canada Day at my house, I’m definitely going to be using the tips we were given, especially #3 & #5!
Now please go tweet my husband and let him know I deserve a new fridge!Hey @onedadranting! I think your wife DESERVES this @maytag_ca Four Door Refrigerator! Click To Tweet